Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What, you mean, post every DAY??

Departure minus 1. As I write this, it suddenly occurs to me that I haven't done laundry today. That's OK, I'll get it done tomorrow before I go.  My list of to-do items is very small now. It's been raining since about lunchtime but tomorrow looks clear, if a little cool. That's one of the packing challenges, bringing attire for both cold weather and very hot weather.

If one has resolved not to use freeways, and one wishes to depart Los Angeles eastbound, one has an awful lot of surface streets to negotiate - hours and hours worth. However, I am fortunate enough to be located near the foot of Angeles Crest Highway, one of the premier motorcycle roads in the U.S. In less than an hour I can be through the mountains and out in the Mojave Desert, at which point eastbound is a piece of cake. To go east, I must first go north, and then all will be well. Ironically, I will experience the twistiest roads, and the highest elevation, of the trip in the first hour of this month-long trip.

I remembered to go to the bank and get some trip lubricant, in denominations of 100.

I remembered to bring my passport so that my brief walk into a Mexican border town will go smoothly (well, at least the return will go smoothly.)

Wait until you see what I've chosen for my first night's stop.

1 comment:

  1. What no pictures yet? How about your bike? Or laundry pictures? Anything.

    ReplyDelete